Thursday, January 26, 2012

Russian Textbooks/Tapes?

I'd really like to get a start on learning the language of Russia, but my school doesn't teach it and there are really not to many classes for 15 year-olds on the language where I live, but I'd like to learn it because the career I'm very interested in suggested Russian as one of the good languages to know. What are some good Russian textbooks that are directed at teenagers, and do they come with tapes/what are some good tapes to listen to? I need brands and full names (Prentice Hall, Scholastic, any school directed brand) Thank You!Russian Textbooks/Tapes?
I married a Russian woman but before I went to Russia, I had to learn some Russian. I ordered "Learn in you car Russian" from Penton Overseas Inc. It is a set of eight cd's and it was very helpful and I would play this as I drove to work and I was abe to learn Russian. I would recommend this to anybody that wanted to learn Russian or any foreign language. This was good enough for me to communicate in Russian without any problem and I have been happily married for five years. We speak both Russian and English.Russian Textbooks/Tapes?
You could try livemocha.com. There are many learning sites online. I have a good list...started, but I got side-tracked. Livemocha is a bit difficult, in that there are a TON of languages I'm interested in either learning, or brushing up on! Really funny!



But, I have a bunch...planning on getting back to Russian one of these days.



You could ask one of your teachers, too, because they can order samples, on the premise that the school is thinking about it. They may come with some tapes, or you may have to buy them. Most have something. They also usually have some software available.

No comments:

Post a Comment