Saturday, February 18, 2012

If you have unprotected sex the day before you start your cycle can you still get pregnant?

My husband and I had unprotected sex yesterday , mid-day, and he may have had an accident. I woke this morning to find out that I started my period. Can I still get pregnant?If you have unprotected sex the day before you start your cycle can you still get pregnant?Unlikely, but not impossible. Some thoughts on your situation:



1. If your periods are regular (such as 28 days apart), you probably ovulate 2 weeks before your period actually starts.

2. Once you ovulate, the egg only lives 24 hours.

3. Although sperm can live up to days in the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tube, if there is no egg to fertilize, you can't get pregnant.

4. Menstrual blood and its flow are not conducive to allowing sperm to get to your fallopian tubes.



Although women can ovulate any time, if your periods are regular you are probably safe.If you have unprotected sex the day before you start your cycle can you still get pregnant?You can get pregnant any day, 365 days a year.
  • traffic school
  • bloons tower defense 2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment